What is the NW Compass?
One of the benefits of being a NAME member is that you automatically receive updates about events and opportunities happening around the region via the NW Compass, NAME’s email announcement list. We aim to send out a weekly digest of all items submitted by you, our members, (submit items to: firstname.lastname@example.org). Note that no email will be sent out if there are no announcements for that week.
How to submit something to the NW Compass
Announcements in the NW Compass are all submitted by our members and/or curated by our Compass Chair, and include:
- NAME communications about conferences and regional events
- Relevant community seminars
- Grant/funding opportunities
- Upcoming field trips, workshops, and training events
- Teacher and educator resources
- Much more!
If you have something that you want to share with the NAME community, please forward it to email@example.com.
What to do if you’re not getting NW Compass emails or you want to change your email address
We use the email list from NAME’s membership website, so now you are in control of where the NW Compass is sent to. If you are not getting NW Compass emails, check here first (instructions are below). If you want to change the email address that the NW Compass gets sent to, follow these same directions:
- Go to http://pacname.wildapricot.org/
- Sign in with your user name and password in the upper right corner (Contact Jennifer Magnusson if you don’t have a password or are having troubles logging in)
- Once signed in, click “View Profile” located next to your name in the upper right corner
- On the left side under “My profile”, click on “Edit profile”
- Under “Profile,” enter the email address you want Flashmail to be sent to
- Under “Email subscriptions,” check the boxes to subscribe or unsubscribe to event announcements and email blasts
- Scroll to the bottom and select “Save”
- You’re done!
If you are still not getting any NW Compass updates, check your junk or spam mailbox and add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contact list so that emails from NAME don’t accidentally end up get flagged as junk or spam.
Finally, if you still aren’t receiving emails, contact Fawn Custer, the NW Compass Chair, and she’ll hopefully be able to help you out.
If you no longer wish to receive NW Compass updates, you can update your preferences in the membership database.