Our membership comprises teachers, informal science educators, environmental educators, and students from many different locations throughout the Pacific Northwest. As a NAME member, you can also join the National Marine Education Association at a reduced rate. Contact the Membership Chair for the coupon code.
Benefits of NAME membership:
- Opportunities to learn, share and network with other marine and aquatic educators
- Reduced registration to attend conferences
- Eligibility for NAME mini-grants and conference scholarships
- Access to NAME’s very popular Flashmail for items of interest such as regional workshops, aquatic science news, and job opportunities
- Participation in NAME workshops and field trips throughout the northwest
- Lifetime—$250: Your NAME membership never expires
- Individual—$30/one year, $55/two years: Any individual who supports the goals of NAME
- Student/Senior/Limited Income—$15/one year, $25/two years: Student membership includes any student in grades K-12, any college student (community college, university), or marine or aquatic trade school student. Senior membership includes any person 62 or older. Limited income membership includes any person who can show that their financial circumstances preclude joining as an Individual member
- Institutional—$100: Any not-for-profit institution with goals similar to NAME. Membership is transferrable to any representative of the institution. Institutions may send up to four representatives to the annual conference at the member rate.
- Corporate—$200: Any company or organization whose business includes the marine or aquatic education market
Please visit our online membership system to renew your memberhip and pay your dues online, change your account details such as contact information or membership level, register for events such as our annual conference, and establish automotic renewal so you don’t miss anything! Or, download a copy of the NAME Membership Application (also available as a Word doc) and send it in today!
All NAME members are eligible to join our national organization, NMEA – National Marine Educators Association, at a REDUCED rate! http://www.marine-ed.org/
Peggy Foreman—Membership chair
Please mail your new and renewing memberships with payment to:
NAME Membership Chair
9510 2nd Ave. NW
Seattle, WA 98117