Membership InformationJoin NAME now for the opportunity to learn, share and network with other marine and aquatic educators
Insitutional MembershipOur Institutional Members include any not-for-profit organization with goals similar to NAME.
Check them out...
ActivitiesCheck out the new featured activities on our teacher resources page!
“On Watch” President’s ReportCheck out our new online Scuttlebutt format, beginning with the President's report by Giovannina Souers
2015 – 2020 NAME Strategic Plan
The NAME Strategic Planning Committee has been working hard to develop a 2015 – 2020 NAME Strategic Plan and it is ready for member review. We would love to hear your feedback. Please read over the plan here and give us your feedback by completing the below survey before November 17th.
Thank you for your time and we look forward to reading your responses.
NAME Strategic Planning Committee
About Northwest Aquatic & Marine Educators
NAME was founded in 1976 and became a chapter of the National Marine Educators Association in 1980. In the early 1990s NAME expanded its mission and membership, recognizing that marine and aquatic ecosystems, environments, and issues are linked together, and that educators working in both environments share common beliefs and strategies. NAME includes members from Alaska, British Columbia, Washington, and Oregon. Annual NAME conferences rotate through these states and province. In addition, each state or province offers local professional development opportunities for formal and non-formal educators throughout the year.
NAME is a “family” of educators who believe:
- Every human on earth should be water-literate
- In using the allure of water, to enrich and facilitate learning
- That by sharing our knowledge and experience with others we will create a community of informed stewards
NAME has an innovative and energetic Board of Directors guided by dedicated members from Alaska, British Colombia, Washington and Oregon to fulfill our mission and goals.
Our Goals are:
- To encourage professional growth by offering quality workshops, conferences, field experiences, and in-service opportunities in the Pacific Northwest
- To share information and education materials focused on marine and aquatic environments and issues
- To support the growing network of NAME educators
NAME is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.